Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Gratitude

I don't know, guys.
I've just been thinking.


Recently, I've noticed how sarcastic our generation has become,
especially on social media.
We'll finish tweets or posts with "I hate my life" or even more seriously make comments on how we hate our bodies.
I know most of you don't actually hate your body, but let's take a step back for a second.

Don't you realize how amazing your body is?

I'm not trying to be weird here.

Sure we may be a little heavier in some places,
we may have chubby fingers,
thick thighs,
thin hair,
large ears…

But at the end of the day, our bodies do amazing things, and we just treat it like it's no big deal!
We should be ecstatic at the things our bodies can do!!

Some of us can run marathons!
What!
That's like 25.5 more miles than I could ever run!

Some of us are dancers or yoga masters!
How on earth does your body get into that position?
JK don't tell me cause my body is hurting just from thinking about it.

Some of us have overcome some extremely difficult trials with our bodies.
Surgeries, illnesses, all the way to cancer and amputations.
And we still move forward.

Look at Bethany Hamilton, for example.
Home girl got her arm bitten off by a freaking shark and she just announced this week that she's pregnant!
What!
She just said "hey shark, you're dumb" and went on with her life, making herself and others happy.
What a role model.

I guess, amidst all my rambling, what I'm trying to say is,
you are wonderful.
You are beautiful.
You're body is temporary, so appreciate it while you can.
Be patient and kind with yourself.
You are here to do amazing things.

Have a good week & happy valentines day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram