Monday, March 30, 2015

Finding Motivation // Reward Yourself

I've already written a post about finding the perfect personal motivation for yourself, but this past month I've re-discovered how important it is! So here's what I'm doing to motivate myself…


During the first few weeks of March when I was home for Spring Break, my mom told me that we're going on a cruise with lots of family in June! It's a quick trip to Mexico, but any fun trip like that means two things: lots of food and even more pictures.

So it's time for me to get my butt (and everything else) in shape!

My motivation is the cruise, so what's my reward?

I've been searching and saving for the perfect swim suit for this cruise! So when I reach my goal and feel my best, I can get that swim suit and wear it with pride!

Now I know most of yo know that I do not support the use of scales. I'll admit that I weigh myself maybe twice a year, but I like to go off of how I feel more than set numbers. When you feel great, you walk with confidence.
That being said, I am measuring myself. I have my thigh, bicep, and hip measurements (in inch) just to keep track. I don't have any goal numbers, but I do like this way of keeping track of my weight loss and muscle gain. My advice for measuring would be to not have set goal measurements. Unless you've talked with a professional trainer or someone with a degree, you may end up hurting yourself more than helping.

At the end of the day, please remember that you are wonderful the way you are. You do not need to look a certain way or be a certain weight. I just know that I do not feel my best now because I've slacked on my healthy eating and workouts. So go off of how you feel and smile, my friends!

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram