Tuesday, February 9, 2016

The Art of Organization

Welcome to a new week, friends! And a new week means new videos...

Today, our video is all about organizing your small space.


Watch above, or click HERE!
Here are three other tips we didn't mention in the video, but you lovely viewers get to read because you follow this blog:

calendar/planner
I mentioned planners in the video, but you may notice that I also write my To-Do's on a calendar as well. I put this calendar above my desk in my room so I can see it no matter where I stand in my room. Having the calendar as well as the planner helps me remember what I have going on, especially during busy weeks where I may not have a second to reach into my backpack and open up my planner.  

de-clutter
Cleaning your room can sometimes be a daunting task. You may have clothes on your bed, notebooks on your floor, and let's not even talk about your bathroom or kitchen. So if you're feeling overwhelmed but don't have hours to set aside, try and pick up and put away just three things right before you go to bed. And if you're feeling ambitious, make your bed in the morning! Trust me, it makes a world of a difference. 
When you do have a few hours to spare, you'll first want to clear your sleeping and work space. Get those random papers organized that have been sitting on your desk for days! You can even take the time to go through your closet and clean out (and donate!) the clothes you haven't worn in a while. 

utilizing your space
I talked about this a little in the video, but this is a very important key in staying organized when you live in any small space. In the video I mentioned using plastic drawers, which are great for storing clothes, just make sure you're folding your clothes the best way possible! Here's a helpful hint to make sure you're getting the most space from small dressers and drawers: 

 

 

Thanks for reading! Watch below or click HERE to watch last Friday's video which was all about the Iowa Caucus and what the candidates wore. 



Not sure what to give a friend for Valentines day on Sunday? Come back to our YouTube channel on Friday to see our video on easy, cheap, and cute Valentines DIY's!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram